The first edition of HORECA – Hotels, Restaurants & Cafe exhibition will take place on 22-24 October, 2019 at Lahore Expo Centre, Pakistan. HORECA will be a leading international exhibition for the provisioning and equipment of Hospitality and Foodservice companies. It will be organised yearly and will bring together Tourism professionals with the supply chain of Hospitality and Foodservice industry!
Being strongly supported by, and with the participation of the sector’s major institutional bodies, HORECA will be a great event of high prestige and importance, among the best of its kind in the world.
Thousands of professionals from hotels, restaurants, cafeterias and other Hospitality and Foodservice companies across Pakistan will be visiting the event and looking for new and innovative solutions of the supplying market in order to modernise, equip or renovate their businesses.
- In 2016, the hotel occupancy increased up to 80% as opposed to 35% in 2015.
- In the next 5 years, at least 10 new hotels are expected to be established by world’s renowned hotel chains. These include renowned players such as Hashoo Group, Grand Hayatt, and Sheraton which have all planned expansion in the upcoming years.
- The Travel & Tourism investment in 2015 was USD 3272 mn. It is expected to rise by 7.6% pa over the next ten years.
- Business travel spending is expected to grow by 6.5% in 2016 to USD 1908 mn, and rise by 5.6% pa to USD 3277 mn in 2026.
- Leisure travel spending on the other hand is expected to grow by 2.7% in 2016 to USD 10.3bn, and rise by 5.4% pa to USD 17.6 bn in 2026
- Pakistanis spend close to $1 billion a year on dining out